IV. Put the verbs in brackets into the Past Simple.
Agatha Christie … (write) over thirty novels.
After they heard the noise, the men … (hide) behind some trees.
… (you /feel) that gust of wind?
Hercule Poirot … (be) a Belgian detective.
He … (stop) talking when I entered the room.
I … (lose) my wallet on the bus.
… Brian (win) the competition? - No, he … .
The professor and Axel … (find) a mysterious message. 3. Choose the correct item.
1. Larry got a job after / until he finishes school.
2. First he had dinner, then/ when he listened to the radio.
3. When/After I was younger, I used to write stories.
4. Suddenly/As soon as the rain stops, let’s go for a walk.
5. We played in the park until/then it got dark.
4. Write negative and interrogative sentences.
Sherlock Holmes smoked a pipe.
Hercule Poirot caught a lot of criminals.